WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING?
Candidates who hold a current CITB F-Gas Certificate and requires renewal. The course covers all practical and theoretical aspects to successfully complete the City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas & Ozone Depleting Substances Certification Course.
The aim of this unit is to provide the candidate with the knowledge and practical skills required to undertake leak checking, recovery, installation, service and maintenance of stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and heat-pump equipment that contains refrigerants which are classified as either fluorinated (F) gases or ozone-depleting substances (ODS) to meet Category I theoretical and practical requirements.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the application of practical skills to successfully fabricate and examine pipework, undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion, refrigerant charging, leak checking and record-keeping, and recover refrigerants and oil and preparation for disposal.
Successful candidates will be qualified to undertake leak checking, recovery, installation, service and maintenance of equipment.
PRACTICAL LEARNING OUTCOMES.
- Identify basic systems, terms, principles, units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
- Identify the causes and effects of global warming and climate change
- Identify the causes and effects of ozone depletion
- Identify stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat-pump system components, functions and leakage risk
- Identify the hazards and safe working practices for the installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Fabricate and examine pipework
- Undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion
- Undertake refrigerant charging, leak checking and record-keeping
- Undertake recovery of refrigerant and oil and prepare for disposal.
(Information Source, City & Guilds).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
Candidates who are currently working with, or are looking to work with air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems and heat pump systems and can demonstrate some subject skills and knowledge.
This qualification is the legal minimum requirement or persons working with systems containing fluorinated and ozone-depleting gases including refrigerants.
- Closed Book Multiple Choice Exam (40 questions) 80 mins
- Practical Assessment